Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blythecon Australia!

A while back I was contacted through my Etsy account by an organizer for Blythecon Australia. She was looking for sponsors and wanted to know if I was interested. OMG! Was I ever! I have never been to a Blythecon but I have been following the various different ones on line ever since I first became interested in Blythe dolls. I couldn't and still can't believe that someone likes my stuff enough to want some for an actual event! I swear the little thrill I get whenever someone shows interest something that I've made never gets old, lol.

So I have spent the last couple of months debating and testing out ideas until I came up with a shorter version of the party cardi sweater that I really liked. I set to work making them up out of forest colours to go with Blythecon's theme: Woodland Faerytale. Here's Aimee modelling the finished version:


I made up 16 of these all together. No two are alike due to the colour-shifting nature of the yarn I used.


I'm not sure exactly what they are going to do with them..either give them away or raffle them and I don't really care. I'm just so happy to be able to contribute to such an awesome event and to the Blythe community in general. Its so great that they are giving a relatively new to the Blythe scene aficionado like me the chance to get involved and get my name out there.


I just wish I could send more. Maybe I'll get a chance at another Blythecon....

No comments:

Post a Comment