Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Big News and A Small FO

Its been a little crazy around here lately, to say the least. The biggest thing going on is that we are moving to Nelson, BC! K. finally got a job in the small BC town of our dreams. We have been trying to move out of the city forever it seems and now it is finally happening. There is only one real problem we are having..the local real estate market has slowed down so we can't sell our townhouse here unless we take a significant loss. After much debate (and wishes for a lottery win) we came up with an interim plan that hopefully won't kill us, lol. We moved K. to Nelson and set him up with his own, swingin' bachelor pad (a rental) so that he could start his new job right away. Basically we pillaged the house for spare furniture and bedding and then went to Target and Walmart to fill in the gaps.  He now gets all the fun of learning how to fend for himself..cooking, cleaning, the works! The girls and I are going to sit tight here until the market improves hopefully by next spring...Nelson is in the mountains so moving in winter is completely out of the question. Fortunately K's new job pays more than he was making in the city so we are able to afford supporting two households for the next while. A major bummer in this whole thing is that I am now effectively a single parent with no car trapped in suburbia. Fortunately I have some support once a week for running bigger errands and shopping. Fingers crossed that when we do list the place we get at least our initial buy-in price but hopefully also some of our improvement costs.

In the meantime, K. has been gone for just over a week now and I'm trying to channel all my nervous energy into productive pastimes. I finally finished up a pair of socks that has been on my needles for quite a while:


These are made from Zauberball in shades of bright pink and purple. They actually came out very similar looking which is rare for zauberball socks! I really like them so hopefully the weather will become more fall-like soon so that I can actually wear them...

My knitting mojo seems to be returning, finally. I actually feel like making something more substantial than socks and dolly outfits. I don't think I've ever gone this long without making a large project before. But now I'm trying to keep busy and save money so no time like the present to dig deep into my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment