Every time I get a new Blythe doll I always say to myself "she would look so awesome with XX eyecolor". But I have never had the cahones to actually rip out the stock eye chips and replace them even in the face of thousands of Blythe fans changing theirs with impunity. Well no more! I finally ordered some chippies from Cool Cat with the aim to suck it up and catch up to all the cool kids. Luckily for me Cricket graciously volunteered to be the first patient:
After much hemming and hawing I decided to go with the glue stick method that is detailed on several different customization tutorial sites. I was quite surprised at how un-gentle you actually have to be to make this process a success. At first I was extra cautious and hesitant about even sticking the glue stick to her eye but I quickly learned (after 3 tries) that not only do you have to leave it on for what seems like forever but you also have to yank really hard to get those orange demon eyes out! Then you have to really get in there to remove the excess old glue from the socket. Again no task for the gentle touch. Once I finished up the prep and popped the new chips in Cricket was so much happier (and I think secretly relieved to be finished with my hesitant fussing):
I'm pretty happy with the finished results so I am eager to take on the challenge of changing the side chips with a pretty moss green pair. I also have a darker amber pair for the other front facing ones. Wish me luck!