Sunday, August 12, 2012

FO: Bella Botanica Shawl

Here she is, all blocked out and ready to play!



We decided to go to Fort Langley this morning and came across the bronze statue of Sir James Douglas, first governor of British Columbia and founder of Fort Langley. We pressed him into service and I think he secretly enjoyed it, lol.




Doesn't he look so stately and sophisticated?!? This project was a lot of fun. The beading was not nearly so hard as I expected and I only ended up using one tube of beads so that means I still have two more for future shawls! I was a bit concerned about the brightness of the greens as it did not go with my usual colour choices so I ended up putting a couple of black tea bags in the soaking water before pinning it out for blocking. Not only did it tone down the brighter shades but it made the shawl smell delicious..win-win!

While we were walking around we discovered that the local quilt shop is closing down due to the owner's retirement and that they were having a 50% off sale. So we picked up this neat bundle of themed fat quarters:


I can definitely see some new Blythe dresses in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment