Thursday, January 21, 2010

Catching Up

Whoops..I can't believe its been over a week since my last blog entry! Well, no time like the present to catch up, I guess. Not much exciting has been happening here, just lots of pre-moving stuff like contacting utilities, cleaning, and sorting. We are going to be doing a lot of packing this weekend so I am mentally getting ready for that. I had originally planned to do some work this week, but I severely strained a muscle in my neck which prevented me from doing just about anything except laying around, cursing. Add that to the migraine I've had for the last 5 days due to lack of sleep (wonderful noisy neighbors) and its been just peachy! But all is better now and I'm raring to go. Only just over a week left, after all!

Big, black, and boring has been slowly chugging along. I finished the back and am on the final sleeve. I must confess that I let it lie fallow for several days and read books instead. It was just too..well..boring. My goal is to have it finished before moving day and I'm pretty sure I'll make it. Of course I could have had it completely finished by now if I hadn't been dilly-dallying, but then I would have had to gouge out my eyeballs from boredom... Anyways, here's a teaser:


I can't wait for the big reveal once the recipient has gotten it!

In other news, the weather has been absolutely incredible this last week. Balmy high temperatures and lots of rain. It feels like spring almost and bulbs are starting to poke up everywhere. I know that its just a trick, though. Every year we get the same thing in January and every year, before the end of February, winter returns with a vengeance for a final hurrah of cold, snowy weather before true spring arrives. I am just hoping the cold snap holds off until we are safely moved.

And, just because, here's a recipe! Every Sunday morning I haul out my cast iron pan and make pancakes for the family. I don't really want to sometimes, but they drive me crazy with their whiny complaints if I don't! I started with a basic cookbook recipe and have been tweaking it for quite some time until I believe it has now reached perfection and is ready to share..

Mix together:

1 cup white flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 tbs sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
cinnamon to taste

Warm up, then beat until just combined:

1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 eggs
2 tbs veggie oil (safflower, not olive)

Add the liquid to the dry and stir until most of the lumps are out. Carefully stir in up to 1 cup frozen blueberries. Ladle into preheated, greased pan, cook and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment